Sifting Services Associate/Paralegal
We cure contract pain with Combined Intelligence (AI and human expertise) before and after you sign. Contracts are the most important documents in global commerce. They are also consistently a pain.
LegalSifter offers combined intelligence products that make contracts easier. Our four core products include:
1. LegalSifter Review: Contract review in a minute or two. Negotiate contracts confidently with self-service AI software that includes comprehensive advice.
2. LegalSifter Review Concierge: Full-service contract review when you do not have the time. Our team will use LegalSifter Review to turn your contracts around in one business day.
3. LegalSifter Organize: Find intelligence in mountains of contract language. Quickly and accurately pull key data from your documents with our self-service, AI-powered LegalSifter Organize app.
4. LegalSifter Organize Concierge: We organize your contracts, so you don't have to. Full-service contract administration that includes contract lifecycle management (CLM) software if you need it.
To bring affordable legal services to the world by empowering people with artificial intelligence and human expertise.
OUR CORE VALUES
· Speed: We work fast.
· Security: We are vigilant and committed to maintaining the privacy of client data.
· Humility: We use our energy to serve others; we are lifelong learners.
· Intelligence: We operate with aligned visions, strategies, plans, and budgets.
· Boldness: We are transparent, courageous, and unafraid to make mistakes.
· Balance: We work flexibly to keep promises to teammates, shareholders, clients, friends, and family.
We sell our products directly to companies and law firms that are interested in increasing speed, lowering risk, reducing cost, and improving contract quality.
ABOUT THE JOB
Contracts are the most important document in global commerce. They are also universally a pain. They slow down commerce. People cannot afford to send them to attorneys, because they are too expensive and too slow for the average transaction. Attorneys cannot afford to review them faster or cheaper because they have not had the technology that allows them to deliver contract reviews at scale. Moreover, once contracts are signed, the world cannot keep track of them. It buys databases and then struggles to keep them organized.
LegalSifter is growing quickly, and we are expanding our Sifting Services team. We are looking for individuals with an interest and aptitude for contracts to use our artificial intelligence and software to extract data from client contracts.
FIRST 90 DAYS
· Learn all aspects of our “after you sign” business, our artificial intelligence, our software, and our ways of working.
· Become a part of our culture.
· Support LegalSifter Organize Concierge opportunities by sifting metadata from client contracts using our AI-enabled software.
· Sift metadata for multiple client engagements for the LegalSifter Organize Concierge service.
· Sift metadata related to moderately advanced legal concepts, such as effective date, end date, contract duration, term type, autorenewal, termination for convenience, assignment, etc.
· Priorities and assignments may change from day-to-day, as directed by the VP, Sifting Services.
· May split PDF documents.
· May quality check the work of other team members.
· Suggest process improvements and their justification to the Sifting Services Leadership Team and/or the larger LegalSifter organization.
· Other duties and tasks as directed.
· May train other team members.
- Likes to organize and put things in their place.
· Minimum education – (a) associate's degree, (b) bachelor’s degree, or (c) Paralegal certification.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience with commercial contracts (e.g., drafting, reviewing, negotiating, indexing, and/or organizing contracts).
· Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated ability to learn and sift advanced legal concepts, such as limitation of liability, assignment, change of control, force majeure, intellectual property, warranties, confidentiality, etc.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Must possess strong reading comprehension, communication, and typing skills.
· Ability to stay organized while participating in multiple projects;
· Familiarity/experience with LegalTech solutions strongly desired;
· An agent of continuous improvement and growth;
· Excellent multi-tasker that maintains attention to the details;
· Self-starter; capable of working alone or within a team;
· Tech-savvy, and a quick learner;
· Willing to try new things, and an early adopter of new technologies.
· Clear desire to go on the rollercoaster ride of their working life.
LegalSifter is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid sick time
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Work from home
Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote